[etni] Re: New Literature Module for High School

  • From: tessa shrem <tessashrem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dfuchs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:18:20 +0200

Some schools, including mine, are doing neither, because until now we are
heeding the sanctions imposed by Irgun Hamorim.  So, for the moment, we are
teaching Literature as we have always taught it, trying to get our pupils to
see the spark that delights us.  To do this, we point out literary
techniques, careful word choice, metaphors, etc. used by the authors to put
across what they have written more effectively, and we ask our pupils to
predict and to compare to try and get them to be more involved in their
reading.  However, we teach these things to try and encourage our pupils to
enjoy the literature we do with them, not to be able to identify and name
the various HOTS we have to get through because they are on our lists.
Tessa Shrem