[etni] New Computer Woes

  • From: Barry Silverberg <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, יעקב ויוכבד בוכריס <yaakov50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:35:53 -0700

Dear Supportive Shoulders,

Last summer, when I finally installed the Windows and Office programs that I
purchased from Dept of Ed, I was

surprised at how smoothly it went.  I was left with my old system intact, but
legal.  As it turns out, the update registered me

with Microsoft, but made no change in the program, and I've been using Windows
98 or so all this time, thinking it was xp.

Now that I had my hard disk replaced last week and Windows 're' installed,  I
have to learn XP all of a sudden.

This time i thought I would not bother you:  Instead of coming crying for
assistance, i would just type the problem into Google and

get help from an official or unofficial Micro Soft site.

Of course, that's pretty naive.

By the way, in my main word xp bar, I can't even find where the 'HELP' is.

And another thing i really want to find is the toolbars.  I don't see any
toolbars in the VIEW menu.

I have HOME  INSERT      PAGE LAYOUT   and another bunch of things that open
into menus.  They look familiar enought that I can get to a lotof the things I
want.  But I don't see anything like a toolbar list under the VIEW menu.  and I
don't see the Help menu.

What makes it frustrating is, that when I look in GOOGLE like a big boy, it
says that the toolbars are supposed to be under the

View MENU.  Maybe some setup gnomes took them away.

Any takers?

Barry