[etni] Re: Moed Aleph

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:26:21 -0700 (PDT)

I also thought that Module E was hard. Module D was fair - and yes, I also
liked the writing. I was happy to see the sequence of events there, as we had
practiced those quite a bit. This year I taught a VERY weak 4-point class, and
they found timelines very hard to deal with. During one of the last lessons of
the year, when we were doing yet more practice on timelines, some of them
protested and said, "Since we've started doing the Bagrut two years ago (they
were originally three pointers and started with Module A in 10th grade), we've
NEVER had a timeline!" I pointed out that there HAVE been timelines / graphic
organizers in both Modules D and E, and that you never know... They didn't all
get the whole thing right, but some of them did, and at least they all made a
serious attempt at doing so - something which they might not have done in the
past.

  Module C - the questions were fine, but I thought that the vocabulary was on
a relatively high level for Module C.

  I haven't yet looked closely enough at the other modules to form an opinion,
other than to say that I also liked the writing topic for Module G.

  All the best,
  Rivka