[etni] Making Waves - new unit

  • From: "Rachel Arenstein" <rachelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 06:03:22 +0200

 Hi everyone,
The Level 1 activity of our new unit about Information is up on the Internet
and open to everyone to use.
The Information unit teaches pupils how to use different information tools
within the context of environmental issues.
Level 1 is called "Look Up The Weather" and shows beginning learners how to
use online dictionaries. The vocabulary used is connected to the seasons and
the weather. Level 1 includes a reading text about the seasons, which pupils
are then asked to map. There are several vocabulary and alphabetizing
activities which lead to pupils producing their own weather picture
dictionary page and their favourite season page.
We hope you enjoy this new unit and would like to receive feedback from you.

The Making Waves Team.

Rachel Arenstein
rachelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Home phone:04 9975303