[etni] Looking for a Mehina textbook

  • From: Barry Silverberg <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 15:36:25 +0200

Dear Etni -ites
I am starting to teach a Mehina program:  i.e. a group of students who did a
very weak bagrut, or no bagrut at all.  They are highly motivated.  We began
with 8th level bet texts; I had to explain what  'S means,  to have, to be,
there is/ there are;   In short, I need to choose a textbook that can start
from very basic and go to approx.  3 pt level.  It should include stuff like
pronouns, the basic tenses, irregular past forms, parts of speech, as well as a
lot of texts.  Recycled vocabulary would be a nice feature too.  and phonics
practice.

Am I asking too much?  What about a book called "Up to 3" which was used in pre
NBA days?

I have a copy in my school, I think, but I'm on shabbaton and they've changed
the administration, the cleaning lady and the locks.

I have to teach Sunday from 8:30, so i f you have any bright ideas, tell me now.

Barry

It has been suggested that I just steal a book prepared by the staff of another
college, but it has also

been suggested that this is a DO NOT commandment on par with slipping your
number to another person

standing at the back of the line.

Knock, knock,   Who's there.     Vashti .  Vashti who?  Vashti dishes  !