[etni] Jerusalem Post Youth Magazines

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:30:31 +0200

To the teachers on ETNI,

Welcome to the new, 2006 editions of The Jerusalem Post Youth Magazines: The
three magazines – JPOST KIDS (for beginners), JPOST ZONE (intermediate
level), JPOST STREET (advanced level) – are designed to encourage Israeli
youth to read and write in English and to achieve maximum proficiency in the
language.

As professionals, you know the value of a strong command of written and
spoken English in our ever-shrinking global village. The challenge is to
instill a genuine fondness for the language and to make it fun and easy to
learn.

The Jerusalem Post Youth Magazines present compelling texts, graphics and a
lot of exercises. We aim to make reading and writing English attractive
through youth-friendly topics, including sports, music, movies, computer and
Internet news, current events, readers’ submissions, puzzles, games, comics
and jokes. In each magazine there are rich with exercises that reinforce
learning, as well as a vocabulary section in which the more difficult words
are translated into Hebrew and Arabic. A companion Internet site has been
designed to support these publications.

The magazines enhance Israel’s English-teaching curriculum, based on
principles set out by the Ministry of Education. As recommended by the
ministry, The Jerusalem Post youth magazines:
-  are appropriate to pupils' interests, experiences and knowledge
-  provide opportunities for meaningful communication
- enrich pupils' general knowledge
- are compatible with pupils' level of proficiency

In addition each teacher will receive a monthly teachers' guide which
includes exercises and pupils' oriented activities.
We’re sure that you will find The Jerusalem Post Youth Magazines an
excellent way to enrich your lessons. We look forward to receiving your
feedback, as we are always seeking to improve our products and to ensure
that they serve both your needs and those of your students.

For Group and individual orders or general information:
Phone: 050-9605445 (Mr. Avi Sirota), 03-7619000 ext: 279 or 219
Fax: 03-5613699
E-mail: groups@xxxxxxxxx

Write for "The Etni Rag" - http://www.etni.org/etni_rag.htm

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm