[etni] Help wanted

  • From: M Lewis <mlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:53:45 +0200

I am a native Briton, living in Israel for almost 35 years. It has been
suggested to me by two English teachers (hativa and tichon) and a yoetzet, all
in different schools, and who only know me through my 21-year old daughter,
that I could give private English lessons.  I am not a teacher, have never had
any teacher training and have never given private lessons. (The aforementioned
teachers know this).  I do have a love of English and enjoy imparting
information and have used ETNI's wonderful site to download material which I
think will be helpful to me. My question is: can anyone give me any advice on
how to approach my first pupils - whatever their ages - and  how to overcome my
own feelings of "will this child pick up on my inexperience?" I must admit that
I feel a little nervous about this.  Any input and/or encouragement would be
most welcome.
Thank you.

Madeleine Lewis
Rehovot