[etni] Fwd: thoughts

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 09:30:43 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: leora davids <davidsleora@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: thoughts

I wanted to be there but couldn't due to logistics, as you mentioned.
I would love to have access via MP3 download to those sessions.

I wanted to comment on the topic of a Masters in English.  If I
understand correctly, the ministry requires that teachers of Bagrut
level English have a masters in English.  There was a time, not too
many years ago that teachers were assisted financially in pursuing
second degrees, however, that is no longer the case.  Teachers are
faced with the cost of an approximately 40-50 thousand shekel expense,
which doesn't include the loss of income for teaching less hours.  It
is hard to imagine that the money could be reclaimed in the near
future, even with the increase of income once attaining the higher
degree.

Is there any way to promote the return of assistance for teachers to
attain a second degree?  There are some great programs available.
Let's help teachers get access to them by giving them financial
assistance.

--
Leora Davids
** ETNI Blog and Poll