[etni] Fwd: re: The Road Not Taken & HOTS

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:54:42 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rachelli <green_p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The Road Not Taken & HOTS

which can show us that there's no black and white in lit erature or in
teaching it and we should teach our kids to broaden their
understanding and judgement as not every answer in the book is  always
correct or the only option.  There should always be place and ability
for their own ideas and understanding

all the best

Rachelli

Lura wrote:
> I had to struggle with a simple question about The Road Not Taken
> yesterday, and I am afraid I confused my students with me.
> One of the questions in UPP's Summative Assessment is "How does the
> traveler decide which road to take?" This comes with a HOTS question.
> The answer key offers an answer which I find rather unconvincing:
> "Explaining Cause and Effect".
> Does anyone see why or how this HOT is a possible answer?
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/
** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org
** post to ETNI List - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx