[etni] Fwd: re: Students to strike over tight exam schedule (Ha'aretz)

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:03:58 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michele Ben <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Students to strike over tight exam schedule (Ha'aretz)

The kids are ridiculous.  They should work and study throughout the
whole year.  Exams can be day after day.  When I was tested in HS, we
often had two exams on the same day!  Also, the business of days off
before exams is also ridiculous.  Pupils in our school system need to
take responsibility for their learning.  Their JOB is to be students!
The kids need to be taught to manage their time properly.

In our school the day before the English Oral Bagrut is the Oral
Chemistry Bagrut and the day after the English Oral Bagrut is the
Biology Oral Bagrut.  We couldn't find other dates.  However, the kids
were told that they are being tested on projects that they have done
and if they've worked properly, they're ready.  Not one complained.

Michele