[etni] Fwd: re: Partani Hours for projects and such

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 15:39:41 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ehrlich Family <ehrlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Partani Hours for projects and such

Obviously written by someone who lives in the city where students can get to
the school after hours.  In the periphery this is not the case.  The
students finish at a certain hour, study all day and the only break they
have in our school (and sometimes not even that!) is lunch.  Then there are
busses to take them home and there is no possibility of staying late or
coming back, as the school is also locked up.  The "private" hours are
almost always on the back of another teacher's lesson.
Adinah

Karen wrote:
> I joined Oz last year and used quite a few partani hours to aid
individuals with projects, do the oral matconet and to go over the
completed logs with students.
> I found that students had no arguments about staying after school or
coming back to school for these meetings.
> So- I am very much in favor of taking advantage of the partani hours
for as many (as possible)  of  those additional tasks which have been
loaded onto English teachers.

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx