[etni] Fwd: grades on the log

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:32:51 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: evelyn <efs@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: grades on the log

Hi All...before we head off for Yom HaZikaron and Independence Day, I
have a question about the grades for the LOG.  I am concerned that
because there is no teacher’s grade on the log, the students may
ultimately get a grade that they wouldn’t have gotten under normal
circumstances.  I wrote the following to Judy and am waiting for her
response:

Dear Judy,

After checking my literature logs, I have several students who are on
the cusp...that is, one student has a 99, two have 89s, and one has a
79.  Under normal circumstances, it is obvious that the students'
grades would be raised by a point so that they could receive 100,90,80
respectively.  Unfortunately, because the log grade is determined by
percentages and there is no room for teachers' consideration, these
lower grades will be turned in as their bagrut grade.  It seems to me
that there should be some maneuverability in cases like this.

Any suggestions? (other than going back through each unit and finding
ways to raise them by a point- which is not exactly educational, I am
afraid)

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Evelyn Solomonov

In the meantime, can any of you offer suggestions?  And do you think
that I am the only one with problems like this- concerning the
average, I mean!
** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** help - ask@xxxxxxxx
** David Lloyd: ETNI founder & manager