[etni] Re: Fwd: forms

  • From: קובי לביא <kobilavy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: etni.list@xxxxxxxxx, 'Etni' <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:44:40 +0200

Today our staff discussed this new form issue and what's really upsetting is
the fact that no matter what they throw at us we make a little noise first
and then we all line up and do what needs to be done... so was the deal with
the projects, the same was done with the HOT's ( I remember a lively debate
here on ETNI that said that we WILL NOT GO INTO THE HOTS and where are we
today???) and now this.
I don't think it's fair that we should test each individual students 3 times
(!!!) if he wants to get an oral exam or a muta'am test...
I don't know where we're going to find time to do this considering all the
students I see that are planning to get an Ivchun.
We discussed today that maybe we should write a letter to Ran Erez of the
Irgun and the immediate self-response was - That's why we came up with the
brilliant Oz Latmura program - use those hours to test these students...
come on really?
So... where does that leave us English teachers of Israel???
Kobi

From: Nathan Singer <nathansinger1181@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: forms

Hi all,
Regarding the form debate, I recall last year having a conversation with our
counselor about this.
She said that she had a long discussion with someone in the MOE who
explained the following:
A number of years ago, as awareness started kicking in regarding students
with special needs and dispensations......
it became apparent that anyone with a spare 1200 Shekels could receive
dispensation/s. So, the MOE started demanding more and more paperwork. The
objective being to "make order out of the mess" and to keep the whole thing
from spiraling out of control and to make sure that only those who really
need them receive dispensations.
This is done by requiring counselors/English teachers to create a complete
file on each student, documenting their needs and difficulties, thus making
it much harder for those who are "shopping"
for dispensations to get them.
I don't know how accurate all this is, but it's what I was told.
Does it make us all feel better? Probably not.
All the best
Nathan Singer