[etni] Re: Fwd: Time Magazine July 1, 2013 Issue

  • From: Leah Urso <morahleah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "etni.list@xxxxxxxxx" <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:19:43 +0300

Teaching to the test destroys critical thinking. Rather than "learning for
learning's sake", giving students room to explore new ideas in the classroom,
the teacher and students focus on "learning for the test". This is the complete
opposite of what is considered to be the best educational practice.
Leah Urso

Sent from my iPad