[etni] Fwd: "Slippery Soapy Homework" and Improved Sharing Option

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:32:42 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: naomi epstein <naomi.shema@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: "Slippery Soapy Homework" and Improved Sharing Option

A while ago I shared my first online homework task (related to a
Simon's Cat ) film using Google Drive (Docs) Forms. It was exciting to
try out something I had learned at the ETAI conference, courtesy of
Adele Raemer.

However, I hadn't given you the option of using it "as is" because I
didn't want your students on my results form. I'm aware that this
wasn't particularly helpful (to put it politely). But I was a newbie
then. I didn't fully "get" it.

Now that I've made a new homework task using a film, I can share it properly.
If you find one of the versions of the tasks to be something you want
to use, let me know. As long as you have a Google account I can simply
share it with you. Then you choose the "make a copy" option from the
file menu and Voila! You have a copy but the results form will be
yours and not mine.

"Slippery Soapy Homework" has nothing to do with HOTS, just two levels
of  a reading comp. task related to a two minute segment of the TV
Show "Switched At Birth".  There are Deaf characters in it.

http://visualisingideas.edublogs.org/2012/10/14/slippery-soapy-homework/

Enjoy!
Naomi Epstein
--