[etni] Fwd: Question about splitting a salary

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:53:02 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rothstein <rotstein1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Question about splitting a salary

This is a bit complicated, but if anyone who understands the situation
I describe below can offer me advice as to the following :
a) Will I lose vetek, money, pension or anything else as a result of
switching? b) Might I end up paying more in taxes with  two employers
(even with a teum mas)? c) Is there something else I should be aware
of?

I have ichud maskorot and am paid by Misrad Hachinuch for 20 hours .
My school has asked me to give my  4 hours with the 9th grade to
another teacher so that I can take over 4 hours of the11th grade for a
teacher who is going on sick leave (probably till the end of the
year).  They say that since this teacher wasn't paid by Misrad
Hachinuch, my salary for this class cannot be paid by Misrad Hachinuch
either.  This means my present salary will be cut down by 4 hours, and
I will receive a separate salary from the school for 5 hours (if I get
the gmul, which I assume I will).

Because I have been burned before when changes in manner of payment
were made, I am being very cautious.

Thanks,
Goldie