[etni] Fwd: Ha'aretz -In Lebanon, speaking Arabic is a thing of the past

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:16:05 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: laurie ornstein <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ha'aretz -In Lebanon, speaking Arabic is a thing of the past

Hi Everyone,

"In Lebanon, where everyday conversations have long been sprinkled
with French and English, many fear the new generation is losing its
connection to the country's official language: Arabic."

I think we can all relate to the mix of languages and issues raised in
this thought-provoking article. I think of our own
"Heblish"("Hebrish") and the same that happens here with Hebrew being
mixed into daily spoken Arabic. "Arabrew"?

http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/in-lebanon-speaking-arabic-is-a-thing-of-the-past-1.308345

Laurie