[etni] Re: Fw: scary article

  • From: Bari Nirenberg <bnirenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:36:07 +0200

I had something like this happen to me years ago.  In a very difficult
class, a girl came up to my desk and reached into my bag to take something.
I grabbed her hand to pull it out of my bag, not violently, of course (just
asking her to take her hand out of my bag did nothing). She left the
classroom and stood outside the merakez's room, digging her own fingernails
into her wrist.  Then she went into his room to show him what "the teacher"
had done to her.  Fortunately, another girl from the class showed up at just
that moment and said, "That's NOT what happened!" She described what had
really occurred and that was pretty much the end of it.  I shudder to think
where this might have gone if the other girl had not been there.
Bari