[etni] Fw: re: winter bagrut for 10th grade native speakers

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:58:42 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eitan Levy" <moranl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: winter bagrut for 10th grade native speakers

Last winter a pupil of mine in 10th grade did his E module together
with about 25 other 11th grade pupils. He did not receive a grade.
When we inquired, we were told that he was not allowed to do the exam
in 10th grade, and that he would have to redo the exam in summer,
which he did  Fortunately, both he and parents were understanding and
not too annoyed with me, and agreed that it was probably good practice for him!
(It could be that it only applies to E (F and G) and not to the 1,3
and 4 point modules.)
Eitan

Aviva wrote:
I'm not sure that is true. I personally asked my inspector and she said it
was fine.

Eitan wrote:
10th grade students can not do bagrut modules in winter. Even if they physically do the exam they will not get a grade for it. Personal experience!

Ellen wrote:
Can native speakers (new immigrants) who are able to finish the Bagrut in 10th grade do a module in the winter? I don't remember reading anywhere that they can't, but there is so much different information out there. My principal thinks that 10th graders can't do winter bagrut.

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm