[etni] Fw: re: Time extension

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:04:17 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Esther Revivo" <estherrv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Time extension

Dear Nira- How right you are! I complained last year to the Ministry when I
heard that the 5 pointers had been granted a 15 minute extension. I received
a reply that the matter had been "looked into" and it was decided that the
time presently allowed was sufficient. Once again, I stress that we in the
"boondocks" (Development Towns; moshavs; etc.), whose pupils CANNOT afford
private lessons as can most pupils in Givatayim; Ramat Gan; etc. suffer!
"Luckily" (I am being extremely sarcastic), our pupils at the Ulpana have
extensions in all their subjects because of the Kassam rockets as we are
"Azor Otef Azza."
Whoever said that there is more than "one Israel," unfortunately was right.
Our economic situation is booming I hear at conferences such as Herzelia.
Why don't some of those honchos get up to Kiryat Shmona or down to Ofakim to
see how many kids go without warm winter clothes and hot meals, not to
mention "chugim!"
I shall now descend from my soap box :)
Esther Revivo,Ulpanat Tzvia Sedot Negev

Nira wrote:
>  I teach 2 weak 4 points 12th grades and quite a few who didn't have
>modifications (they weren't "diagnosed", for various reasons) needed more
>time for writing the composition in Module D. Even those who got the 25%
>time extension didn't have enough time to write a draft, which probably
>lowered their grades. I think more time should be given in Module D exams
>ALL the students. They should have 90 minutes, like the Module G exam.

>Arlene wrote:
> >I work in the college level and students who need it, can now receive up
>50% time extension.  This is accepted by the Council for Higher Education
>in
>Israel.  I want to know if this decision has also gotten to the high school
>level?  Misrad Hachinuch.. . . .
> >Does anyone know where I can get the answer?  Who should I call, or what
>do
>you know about this.
> >I'd appreciate any help in this matter.  I'm trying to track down the
>possibility for high school students who find that the 25% extension is not
>nearly enough, and find that when teachers give them time extensions on in
>school exams, they are 90 and 100% students.

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm