[etni] Fw: re: Grouping

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 06:47:40 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marlene" <marlenegay@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Grouping

Hey, why not for elementary school?! As it is, some schools start English in
the 4th grade, most in the 3rd grade, and some in the first grade. Then
there's all the students that attend afterschool English groups - from
infancy. There should be Honors English for advanced English - open not only
to English speakers. And non-readers have always been promised separate
groups by the Ministry - but very often are lumped together in one
heterogeneous class. I remember Adah Krel, a retired principal (headmaster)
of a girls elementary school (and local politician) giving a dvar Torah -
that the law in the Torah prohibiting "kilayim" where you don't allow an ox
and horse to plow together - as not a recommended policy for students - with
the very strong studying with the learning disabled.
Marlene