[etni] Fw: query re Ethiopian immigrant pupils and the Bagrut exams

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:01:40 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Leonie Lachmish - y-english@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: query re Ethiopian immigrant pupils and the Bagrut exams

I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me if there is any form of consideration/
leniency for new Ethiopian immigrant pupils taking the 4-point Misrad
Hachinuch English Bagrut exams and if so, a) what form it takes, and b) up
to how many years in Israel constitutes "new"?
And if not, WHY NOT ?!!
I am relating to young adults pre and post Army who arrived in Israel in
their mid and late teens so missed all those years of English and general
western-style lexicon, education , academic approach, culture (etc etc - the
list goes on) , which put even the bright and naturally intelligent students
(which most of mine are)  at such a disadvantage when answering the
questions in these exams.
Please reply to me direct at : leonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks in advance
Leonie

"Tovaleh's Secret"  /  The Simcha Girls : See our site at :
http://www.lachmish-hafakot.com

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm