[etni] Fw: etni Digest V7 #261

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 06:24:27 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "sbshai" <sbshai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: etni Digest V7 #261

'Kol hakavod' (& 3 cheers!) to Ariella, Renee, Linda, Laurie., Ruth, Batya &
Esther (sorry if I've overlooked anyone!) for so eloquently saying what had
to be said!

I'd like to add a thought to Ariella's post: Dear Etniers, please remember
two famous quotes from (American) history:
"United, we stand; divided, we fall."
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Better yet, in the timeless words of David Hamelech:  "Hinei mah tov u'mah
naim shevet achim gam yachad"

These all speak of how we should act when we are not in full agreement since
sticking together when we see eye to eye is no big deal!
So let's always speak to each other (and about each other) respectfully --
even when we're sure our opinion is the right one!

Chag sameach to all (whether or not we agree!),
Batya