[etni] Fw: book for English speakers 7th grade

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 07:40:34 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Givati" <jesg50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: book for English speakers 7th grade

 I  am finishing a rather unsuccessful year with 7th gr English (?)
speakers..

1) 1/2 were terrific students tho not really English speakers, several of
the rest were so angry that not all were true native speakers..they had a
"tude" even tho several of the previuos group had better skills!

2) all of the holidays, special days -which in our school are too numerous
to mention fell on  the days this class had English - I almost didn't see
them for the 1st 2 and half months ..and have seen them- maybe 6 hours since
Purim!!!!

3) I managed to teach 1 short story and 1 novel both of which dragged out
endlessly - due to the above mentioned interruptions and those in between!!!

next year I get a new batch of 7th grders

 I NEED a text book..... I'm one of those that need the specific guidelines
of a class text - even tho I go off on tangents - at least, I have a general
direction!!

but  I haven't found anything suitable..the ones from abroad offer cultural
backgrounds unfamiliar to Israeli kids' life experiences, and often don't
include information and skills our pupils need

If anyone has suggesstions I'd appreciate it..... Thanks ,jesg