[etni] Fw: and speaking of New Year

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:17:07 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: Judy Givati - jesg50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: and speaking of New Year

Having grown up in a community with a "subtle" sort of "anti_Jewish " sentiment.... I was always "punished " for "skipping school"....on Yom Kippur...I truly resent the same kind of attitude expressed by the MInistry of Educ.this year about New Year's..and although most of my students were in class Jan 1st, I refused to take attendance..in protest....

BUt again..it's always a matter of $$$$$$, isn't it??? I have a few Christian students to whom I distributed stocking stuffers, when I gave out HAnukah "gelt". I tried to get something Christmasy but was told by a very huffy Elite employee at a specific Jerusalem store "WE don't promote that kind of thing!"...The same employee, same store, didn't get it when already this week I inquired about "that kind of thing!"... in the Elite "Valentine " selection already on display!!!! (GUess when it comes to $$$$, it's okay to forget about SAINT Valentine!!! jesg

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm