[etni] Fw: alice in wonderland

  • From: "Rachel Arenstein" <r1004@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:32:35 +0200

-------Original Message-------

From: Rachel Arenstein
Date: 08/30/04 09:21:48
To: ask@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: alice in wonderland

 Hi everyone,
Is it only me? I feel like I have swallowed a bottle marked "Drink Me" and
find myself in a strange land.
Teachers report that they have financially lost out by testing pupils.
The ministry wants a shorter school week from next year but is only legally
obligated to start a long school day in the year 2010.
Thousands of teachers are to be fired so that some of us can work a 40 hour
week.
And the ultimate absurdity that some pupils in the same school learn till
four as their parents can pay for the privilege whilst others go home at one

And here we are on August 30th with many teachers not knowing what is
happening on Wednesday as school principals are dealing with last minute
cuts in hours.
The good news - this year it is the local authorities who will stop school
opening on September 1st and not the teachers.
Something is very wrong here isn't it? Or is it just me?
Rachel

Rachel Arenstein
r1004@xxxxxxxxxx
Home phone:04 9975303