[etni] Fw: Very interesting website

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:17:27 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: Rivka Lewenstein - rlewen@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Very interesting website

Someone sent me a link to a very interesting website about a teacher who got so fed up with the American public school system that she opened up her own school in her house. She has developed her own unique method of teaching reading and language arts that NO student, regardless of background, I.Q., etc., has failed by her. That includes a student who was labeled borderline retarded and ended up graduating from college with honors. I found it to be a fascinating read, and very thought-provoking. There's a lot of information on her site, but in my opinion, it's worth going through when you've got the time.

http://www.marvacollins.com/

All the best,
Rivka

Visit the ETNI site - http://www.etni.org