[etni] Re: Fw: To Project or not to Project!

  • From: Marj Bitran <marj1959@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:57:15 +0200

Dear Patricia,
In good conscience, I cannot have my students go into the oral bagrut
without having done a project and without preparing them to speak about it.
Therefore, my students work on projects in class, I check the drafts during
class time with the students (while others work on other things) and the
students give in a final project which I spend as  much time grading as I do
any other essay.  I don't donate any extra time to projects.  We do practice
in class together for the oral bagrut.  We do it a role play.  It's quite
fun.  One student is the "teacher" while another is the student and a third
writes the errors on the board for review and grading (I give them the
rubrics) afterwards.  I do the magen exactly as the bagrut and afterwards
explain what can be improved.
I, however, am only one person.  I believe there are choices to be made and
this is mine.
Marj