[etni] Fw: The back of the bus is for everybody

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:37:15 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: laurie ornstein - laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: The back of the bus is for everybody

Hi All,

For those teaching about the civil rights movement, this Jerusalem Post
article gives a close-to-home perspective on the issue. Naomi Chazan, in
this well-written op-ed, discusses, "The back of the bus is for everybody".

I would use this article when teaching Martin Luther King's, "I Have a
Dream" and in speaking about Rosa Parks.
As I have been given to understand, the speech can not be included in the
HOTS literary program as it doesn't "qualify" as an essay. I hope, however,
some will continue to include it in their lessons.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1260447408264&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Laurie