[etni] Fw: The English Curriculum

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:09:57 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: barkanmi@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: The English Curriculum

I'd like to share with you the letter I sent to Dr. Judy Steiner (originally
written in Hebrew last summer!)
http://www.etni.org/letters/michal_letter_to_JudySteiner.doc

and her reply to me (actually she forwarded the letter to Dr. Debbie
Lifshitz who responded to it).
http://www.etni.org/letters/michal_letter_from_DebbieLifshitz.doc

I'd be interested to hear your reactions.

BTW, a few weeks ago I added my name to the list of coordinators refusing to
implement the new bagrut HOTS  program as it stands now, and my school is
quite a long way from Jerusalem ...  If we stand united and come up with
creative suggestions, I believe that changes will be made in the English
curriculum.

(* ETNI note - Dr. Judy Steiner and Dr. Debbie Lifshitz have given their
permission that these letters be posted on ETNI)

Michal Barkan
Coordinator and Teacher of English and Translation
Tikvat Yaakov Yeshiva high school
Sde Yaakov (Emek Yizrael)