[etni] Fw: Re: Tape recorders ??

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:56:24 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Ruthi - rsheffer@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tape recorders ??

Yes it really is about time somebody in the Ministry (or maybe it's the
testing department)
related to the whole issue of the Listening farce and the LD cassette thing.
Most of the kids have no idea what a walkman is,and they are getting more
and more difficult to buy,and frankly why should the kids have to buy those
in this day and age? It just confirms the kids' suspicions that we are all
living in the 19th century. We can no longer justify this to them.Add to
this the chaos mentioned on the day of the Bagrut chasing round the schools
trying to mobilize all the ancient equipment which frequently does not
function properly and the fact that  kids are not able to hear what is being
broadcast.
Whoever volunteered to organize a body of English teachers to deal with all
these issues,please do.
It's time we did something about this situation before next year's bagrut is
upon us!
Ruth

Nira wrote:
> Hi Aviva,
> We also had the same problems. We didn't get CDs this time and we were
> told
we were supposed to request them beforehand. We didn't request them in the
winter and got them anyway, but I guess the rules have changed... We don't
have enough tape recorders or walkmans for all the LDs and asked them to
bring their own, but most of them don't want to spend money on these
outdated machines. One girl brought an ancient tape recorder/CD and the
machine tore the tapes. Since I had no CD to give her, she had to stop doing
the exam and I asked her to register for July 8th. I had no other solution!
> I think it's about time the ministry joined the 21st century...
> I read in the paer yesterday that the minister is considering cancelling
> the
Winter Bagrut exams and the 10th grade Bagrut exams. If so, the ministry
will save a lot of money. Maybe some of it can be spent on helping LD
students and giving them better, modern solutions.