[etni] Re: Fw: No to HOTS

  • From: קובי <kobilavy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ask@xxxxxxxx, 'ETNI' <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:59:30 +0300

Hi to everyone,
I follow all that is being said here about HOT's and I have a question:
Did anyone approach their principals about this issue? What is their view??
I can imagine that a principal who received the letter from Judy Steiner
announcing the beginning of the new Literature module would expect his
teachers to do what they are told according to the new changes (mind you I
don't remember any up rising from the history teachers or the math teachers
whose programs keep changing all the time - not that I compare the load of
work we have to do with all the checking of the work and so on). Did any of
you have any arguments or disagreements about this issue with them (the
principals) ???
Kobi Lavy

From: Veronica Foldes <verfol@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,  Shana Tova and Hatima Tova to all,
I must agree with Nina- if we all start working on the new literature
program, we can only blame ourselves for always having more work heaped on
us, with no compensation. That is what happened when the literature
portfolio was added and the project was added. Those two additions meant an
addition of tens of work hours.  We make ourselves the patsies of the
system, by constantly agreeing to do more,even if we do complain.

Stand strong, do NOT teach the HOTS program, until we are told that some
kind of agreement has been reached, to remunerate us for the extra work.

All the best to all,
Veronica