[etni] : Fw: Long Reviled, Merit Pay Gains Among Teachers

  • From: "Judy Freedman" <judyfreedman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:23:56 +0300

"For years, the unionized teaching profession opposed few ideas more
vehemently than merit pay, but those objections appear to be eroding as
school districts in dozens of states experiment with plans that compensate
teachers partly based on classroom performance."

Oh come on, this is a wonderful idea. We could use it in so many ways. We could
pay city mayors on the basis of the cleanliness of the pavements, school
mefakchim on the basis of how long it takes them to answer the phone/a request,
Rabbinical judges on the clearance of backlog, and of course MK's on the amount
of time actually spent in court and suggesting laws.
The list is endless. In every case, give them a salary of 2800 sh (plus 100
extra for every year they have worked) and all the rest would be merit pay
based on performance.

I like it
Judy