[etni] Fw: Lesson plan on the Olympics

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:05:19 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Barry Silverberg - barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Lesson plan on the Olympics

Dear Colleagues:

I am putting together a lesson, adaptable to various levels about the
Olympic Games.
Please add any questions, activities etc that you have prepared, especially
for weak Jr high pupils.

A Lesson about the Olympics
Beijing Olympic Games 2008
                  The following site has school-oriented clips and articles.
http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/collection.jsp?id=351
          From this site, I chose one item about Phelps
          http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3750079

Intro/ brainstorm:  Who watched the Olympic games this summer?
     Where were they held?
    Name one Olympic sport:
    Name one Medal winner:

Groups scan articles from this site   and  and report to the class; so far,
I see articles written as the games were beginning.  Does anyone have more
updated material?

 1     Olympic Greats: Who were the stars of the games?  What countries did
they represent?  What did they win?

2  Who were the Israeli athletes, how well did they perform?
3 and other groups   :  each group is given one of the student – written
articles; finds specific info and reports to the class.  Eg:
          Who is Jim Phelps?
          How many medals did he win?  How many records did he bread?
          What does he eat everyd day?  How much money has he made ??

and so on.

Barry Silverberg