[etni] Fw: Haaretz article

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 22:58:15 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Vera lachmanovich - veralachmanovich@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Haaretz article

I had to copy this part of the Haaretz article about English teachers:

"Very often when there is a shortage, we put in people who are not
completely qualified. But we don't take in anybody." Steiner said.

Last summer, for example, there was a shortage of teachers and the ministry
allowed people to take an expedited teacher's training course for a few
weeks. While the new teachers were placed in classes, they continued their
teacher training at least once a week over one to two years, until they
received their teaching certificates.

Now please tell me, is it the English or the Math teachers who failed
.......? Or maybe I'm too old to understand .... or maybe he is a
futurist??????

Vera