[etni] Fw: Gmul Al Ha-Gayyim, Number Two

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:33:36 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Barry Silverberg - barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Gmul Al Ha-Gayyim, Number Two

Happy Hanuka to the Etni audience:

Let's re cap a current aspect of the HOTS discussion.

People invested time in inservice training courses without getting any
compensation

I took the NBA course.  Most of the time was spent arguing about the
usefullness of the course and the NBA.

I took the "HOTS" course.  I still am not sure what we did there.

I submitted enough material to pass both courses.  So I deserve some
gmullim.  This is payment, salary.  Maggiyya li mashehoo
not some useless certificate  or thank you.  This has nothing to do with
whether the new program is good or not, or what tones we get to in our
discussion here or how many people were fired for expressing themselves
'inappropriately.' (One at least).

However, I have reached the maximum Gmoolation, which for me is 20.  My
gmulim come from the old days when you knew what the histalmut was about and
benefitted
from it ( small group methodology, teaching LD pupils, learning computer
skills,   etc)
So I can't 'get' these new gmulim.

However II, they are mine.  Mine Mine Mine.  If I can't use  them for
myself, let me pass them on to some poor downtrodden soul  who is missing
out on the 2000 monthly that Gmuls can bring.   Like those shopping
certificates we get for the holidays.

They are mine, aren't they?  If YES, I should be able to pass  them on to a
friend.

If NO, then i should be striking or suing because I haven't  received any
compensation for these two courses.

. . .     Know any good lawyers?

(PS:  there are now 4 Barrys in the ETNI/ETAI community.  I'm the one with
the smart green dress.  No, that can't be ...)