[etni] Fw: Classroom Publishing Invitation

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:56:06 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: Richard L Austin - raustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Classroom Publishing Invitation

Dear Teachers/School Administrators:

Welcome to the new school year. Your school and your students are invited to participate in the Young Author’s Magazine Anthology® program again this year. We publish creative poems, stories, and essays in both text and digital formats for young writers across the Internet. Our classroom publishing program emphasizes affective skill development through creative writing and the publishing of creative works for an international student audience.

We provide a common forum for young writers to share their works with other students around the world, leading to a greater understanding of different countries and cultures. Participation in our program is free to public and private schools. To participate with us, go to this link and review/download a copy of our Publishing Guidelines and register your school contact information.http://www.youngauthorsmagazine.org/

If your server does not allow direct access to the signup form, go to this link: http://www.youngauthorsmagazine.org/signup.htm

Schools that participate with us receive a FREE Mobile Phone Web Site Hosting account for designing and publishing a web site to a mobile device (mobile phone or PDA).

New for this year:

Teacher Coordinated – Certificates of Creativity: To try the new interactive for awarding students for publishing their work across the Internet, go to http://www.youngauthorsmagazine.org/eCertificateExample.pdf

The Mobile Teaching and Technology Center: YAM is co-host to the new mobile teaching program and its grants for teachers. Go to
http://www.youngauthorsmagazine.org/ and link to the MTTC.

Monthly Contests for Schools and Classrooms: We now have creative writing contests that offer mobile teaching technologies to achieving schools and classrooms in the YAM program. Got to http://www.youngauthorsmagazine.org/ and follow the link to the Contests.

We hope you will join us for the coming year.

Sincerely,
Richard L. Austin, Emeritus Professor
Program Director

We gratefully acknowledge the assistance of the U.S. Department of Education, UNESCO, and the Pratte Foundation for assistance with the Young Author’s Magazine Anthology® program announcement.

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **