[etni] Free English Learning Software for your school

  • From: Self-Access English Learning Center` <lewisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:19:11 +0200

Etnians
Our free software for teaching English is now
available for schools. We have already announced
that it's free for English teachers.  Now your school is included.

This means that we will gladly give you a site
license for as many computers as you have in your
lab. It's totally free, no strings attached.

This is an audio-visual program using
contextualized learning and abundant
illustrations.  It teaches vocabulary and
grammar. This is not intended to replace a
teacher. Rather, it's intended to eliminate some
of the drudgery of teaching so that you can
exercise your talent and creativity.

There are three programs:

English for Beginners, which teaches English from
the zero level, including the ABC to about the
4th grade level. It teaches the 300 most common
words in English and fundamental grammar.

English for School, which teaches English from
about the 5th grade level to the 12th grade,
including psychometric preparation. 5000 words of
vocabulary and grammar are included. This program
was approved by the Ministry in an earlier
version.  It's pretty much the same as it was
when we got approval -- except that we have added
visual mnemonics and phonetic transcription.
Those are controversial features. If you don't
want them, we can give you a "key" that will take them out.

English for Business: A high level program for
high school students who plan to work in business
or administration of some kind.

You can download the trial version from our web
site at www.english4students.com. Just click on
"download".  It's a large file, and the download
may take 10 minutes, so be patient. The trial
version allows you to do a few sample lessons.

After download and installation, just e-mail me,
and I will send your activation codes at no
charge. The activation codes transform the trial
version into a full version. That's all there is to it.

Then if you would like to have it for your
school, let me know the name of the school and
how many activation codes you will need. I will
send a CD with the program + the required codes.
You may have to install it on each computer
separately, but that won't take much time. And it's a one-time operation.

If you have never used computers for teaching
English, you will find that it's a powerful
adjunct to your regular routine. You can bring
the class into the computer lab, say, once a
week. The kids will love it and they will learn a
lot. Each pupil advances at his/her own pace. We
can give you a tracking program which will allow
you to follow the progress of each kid.

There are two versions ? one for speakers of
Hebrew and one for speakers of Arabic. Both are
available for your school free of charge.

By the way, this is an open program. If you want
to change some lessons, or create new lessons of
your own, we will be glad to supply the Authoring
Program, that is, the program that builds the
lessons. Just e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

If you want to e-mail me in  Hebrew or Arabic,
please use the address
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  If you write in
English, you can use this address.  You can also call me at 050-6734414.

Yours for success in English,

Laurin Lewis

Developer, Self Access English Learning Center

** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/
** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org
** post to ETNI List - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx