[etni] [FWD: link to jokes for someone in hospital, jokes for everyone!]

  • From: <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:35:32 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: link to jokes for someone in hospital, jokes for everyone!
From: Leonie Lachmish <simchagirls1@xxxxxxxxx>

Jennifer and other laughter-lovers,
Here is a site with a wealth of mainly Jewish humour:
www.awordinyoureye.com
I used to escape to it for diversion and solace during the second
intifada nightmare years. What surprised me was that there were some
excellent jokes especially in the first 20 or 30 sets that I hadn't
heard before. There are all the types of jokes you're looking for .
Laughter is the best medicine or at least the most enjoyable. We all
know that laughter is now scientifically recognized as an aid to
recovery and general wellbeing.
Wishing your friend a refuah shlemah and everyone a good laugh!
Leonie

Jennifer wrote:
>We all know that everybody comes to everybody else's aid, even for
things that are not teaching related.  Well, this is such a request.

A dear friend of ours is in hospital having treatment for cancer, which
isn't just a bunch of laughs.  So what I would like to do is gather
together jokes, which he loves.  Anything goes.  Corny jokes, stupid
jokes, one liners, dirty jokes (Nobody will know or be offended if you
send them directly to me.  In fact, of course, they should all be sent
to me, so as not to clutter up the list.