[etni] [FWD: What is an Inkline Pc booster?]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:35:54 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: What is an Inkline Pc booster?
 From: "Barry" <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 At my son's bar mizva party, a lot of unpleasant stuff was done to mly
 computer and i'm trying to clean it out.

 Among other things, there is a little icon 'down there' on the
 whachamacallit bar that has a number on it, between 9 and 30.  It
 claims to indicate how inefficiently my computer is working.

 When I right click it, it connects to the net and
 downloads an add to use 'Inkline Global PC booster.''

 Is this on the level?  What do you guys think?

 And how can i surgically remove the whole business.

 And another thing:  What can I do to my kid's ICQ so that it never
 jumps up while i'm using the computer, not even once?

 Barry