[etni] [FWD: Re: PowerPoint presentations]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:44:20 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Re: PowerPoint presentations
 From: "Laurin Lewis" <lewisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All that Lev says about Power Point is right on. However, the amount of
time necessary to create a PPoint presentation can be offset if we
share them. In our ETNI forum, I have already advocated
((4.3.04)setting up a PPoint exchange center in cyber space. There
should be a simple indexing software which would allow any teacher to
download or upload a PPoint with clearly defined parameters -- grade
level, topic, etc. These would be presentations that address the needs
of learners in Israel -- as opposed to the good material available on
the sites that Avraham points out. When we Israelis have such a site, I
have a bundle of my own PPoint routines that I am ready to post there.
The only problem is that it would cost a certain amount to set up. I
heard that one programmer wanted NIS 1500 to set up the system. Many
hosts certainly would then offer to contribute the web space.

Any of you PPointers out there have any idea about how to raise this
modest sum to get started?

Laurin Lewis

Word Kitchen
16 Beer Sheva St.