[etni] [FWD: Re: A simple story]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:58:45 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Re: A simple story]
 From: "Barry" <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 What is the tone of the following story?

1  desperate
2  sentimental
3  optimistic
4  sarcastic
5  humerous

Find 2 phrases in the story that support your answer, and one that
supports my ex-wife.
 (12 points)

 (PS:  You all lost 12 points, ha ha.  The answer is (3) Optimistic:
for surely in time, the corners of the wheels in the story will wear
away and the carriages will go again.  I took a vote on this with my
whole family including the kitten, and this answer received the most
votes.)