[etni] [FWD: RE: poll - 5 day school week]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 03:33:03 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: RE: [etni] poll - 5 day school week
 From: "Lev" <labra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Two points, folks.

 1. The same idea was once on the national agenda regarding the 5-day
working
 week, and someone (can't remember who, exactly - been told this joke
some
 time ago) suggested doing it gradually. First we work one day a week,
then
 two, three - etc., till we reach the five-day week. This idea can be
fully
 applicable to the 5-day school week: first the kids start studying (and
 mean, *studying!* Learning!) one day a week, then two, etc. The
question is,
 who will bell the cat...

 2. Given the amount of say we have on the 5-day school week issue
whatsoever
 (at least I cannot remember anyone from the Ministry calling to ask
*me*
 what I think of it), I suggest having a poll instead on things we can
 *really* change: e.g., whether there should be sunrise 7 times a week,
or
 fewer (less, as some of us would say - probably just for brevity).
After
 all, we need something to get a feeling of relevance and belonging, of
 participating and making the difference.

 Sympathetically -

 Lev