[etni] [FWD: RE: The modular unseen]]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:34:44 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: RE: [etni] [FWD: The modular unseen]
 From: "Patricia Reifen" <patriciareifen@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 Hi everyone,

 Liora wrote:
 "He will not need the conditional, the passive, phrasal verbs,
special  structures, relative clauses, reported speech, most
tenses, etc etc Even in  his "composition" (which has been
reduced to paragraph writing), there is no  need to include
these structures in order to attain a high mark."

This however, is not true.     If the rubric for writing is examined
carefully, we can see that high marks for language (aka - grammar)
are given  for 'advanced structures'.    Liora has listed most of
the advanced  structures and I teach my students to make sure
they have at least one of  all of them in any piece of writing they
do for Bagrut.  They have to learn  the list be heart!

 Enjoy life,
 Patricia