[etni] [FWD: Proctoring Bagrut exams]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:13:46 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Proctoring Bagrut exams
 From: "Wolfson" <wolfson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Thu, May 20, 2004 12:34 pm
 To: "ask@etni. org" <ask@xxxxxxxx>

 Friends
 I feel I must comment on the idea of teachers proctoring bagrut exams.

 I was at school on the day of the Bagrut till 8.15 pm. and it was also
 my free day. I only arrived at 2.00. this year unlike in the past when
 I've started the day at 8.00a.m. to oversee things.This year two of my
 colleagues took over the responsibility and I did oral testing instead
 alongside seven other teachers from our staff. Believe it or not, it
 was a relief.

 Although I have finished teaching 12th grade and almost finished with
 11th grade for the year, I still teach 8th, 9th and 10th grades. In my
 'free" hours I am expected to be a substitute teacher and to invigulate
 matkonnot and other exams. I also have to give 2 hours of my own time
 each week to pupil-parent conferences.
 Furthermore, I have other obligations and commitments.

 I too object to the idea of proctoring Bagrut exams.

 Dena