[etni] [FWD: Interested in participating in the IBSP]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:46:00 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Interested in participating in the IBSP
From: david.howard@xxxxxxxx

Hello!

I recently attended the Belfer National Conference for
Educators at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum.
One of our presentors, Jesse McClain, gave us positive
and detailed information about his past involvement in
the Book Sharing Project. It sounds like an excellent
opportunity for my students to take part in during our
Holocaust Unit in the spring.

I am a Social Studies teacher at Hazel Park Middle School
in Saint Paul, Minnesota. My History classes this year
will primarily be attended by 7th graders. Hazel Park
is an urban school and it's student population is quite
diverse. My hope is to "team-teach" the subject along
with one of our Challenge English teachers, thereby
working on the project with roughly 45 to 50 students.
There might be enough "cross-over" between students and
classes that the number of participating students might
be considerably less- down to numbers around 25 to 30.

I would like more information about the program and how
we might become a part of it during the upcoming
2006-2007 calendar year. Is there also a timetable
for signing onto such a project? Finally, could you
recommend ways in which our school might finance our
involvement? If we are good candidates for involvement,
I had planned on contacting our local JCRC for help.
If you have other funding ideas I would be interested
in learning more about them.

Thank you for your time.  I will look forward to hearing from you.

David Howard
Hazel Park Middle School

Who's Who on ETNI - http://www.etni.org/whoswho/
Add yourself / Update your entry