[etni] [FWD: Bagrut and native speakers]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:17:23 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Bagrut and native speakers
 From: "Daniel" <ydaleph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Wed, May 19, 2004 11:26 pm
 To: "ETNI" <ask@xxxxxxxx>

 Shalom
 Hey, how was that 5 point Bagrut on Tuesday? Well, some of my native
 speakers were disappointed. They found it too easy while others found
 the articles simple enough but the questions confusing. One student in
 grade 11 who wrote the new modular bagrut levels E, F and G together found it
 repetitive and tedious. The essay questions were not difficult even for
 our weaker five point students.

 What is the policy on native speakers? Do they have to participate in
 this charade of modules? Isn't it time we English teachers pressed for a
 special Bagrut for native speakers?

 Dan