[etni] [FWD: Backing up MS Outlook Express Folders]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:35:06 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Backing up MS Outlook Express Folders
 From: "Barry" <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 I'm gonna do this yet:

 How do you backup mail folders in outlook express?

 Express Help says that you can track down a mail folder (it's in
WINDOWS/applications data/  etc)

 You can then save it as a DBX file.

 However, once i do so I can't get the E mail program to recognize it.

 Furthermore, after 2 days of trial and error,  mostly error, I cant even get
the mail folder files to appear anymore on the MS Explorer (that's the
maginfying glass).  Somebody replied to my first appeal saying that she'd like
to back up the files, but can't even see them.
 Somehow, i managed to disable the option of seeing them (even tho in VIEW i
clicked on 'view hidden files'.

 Surely somebody out there knows what i'm doing wrong; how do you back up the
folders so that you can tidy up your main folders before pesach?

Barry