[etni] Ethiopian immigrants

  • From: "Linda Dayan" <lindadayan7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 19:33:07 +0200

Hi,

I have a group of Ethiopian immigrants, and like all new immigrants, they are entitled to use an English-Amharic dictionary. However, I have yet to find such a thing. Does anyone know where my school can get a hold of such dictionary? They are struggling with Hebrew, as it is, and I run into surreal problems where they can tell me the meaning of a word in Hebrew, but not understand the Hebrew translation. There is an English-Amharic dictionary on the Internet, and I've asked the Inspectorate whether the kids can be allowed to use it on a Bagrut, but I think someone should be in charge of making sure English-Amharic dictionaries are available.

     I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.  Linda

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm