[etni] Class Size link

  • From: michele ben <benfam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI Discussion List <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:16:33 +0300

Someone sent this link to this ariticle in the NY Times -
Good Teachers + Small Classes = Quality Education.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/26/education/26memo.html
     Could one of you inspectors PLEASE print it out and
give it to Limor Livnat and her Tirosh sidekick with a copy
to the honorable Dovrat?
     The sad thing about the article is that they are
complaining that classes with 28 - 30 kids are too large.  I
wonder what they would say about 46 kids in 8th grade like I
have?  Don't even bother telling me that this is illegal.
We all know and there are circumstances that caused this
situation with the approval of the parents.  Or how about my
smaller class of 40 in the 9th grade?  I'd trade places with
people teaching large classes of 28 - 30 any day!
Michele